No one can deny that Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a huge win for Lucasfilm and Disney. It delivered on years of cautious hype with a solid movie that made an egregious amount of money for the studio. Fans loved it. The critics loved it. Even the harshest criticisms lobbed at the movie (like
This was a blast and a half. On our latest episode of Pixar Live, you guys helped Kayla Savage and me come up with the ultimate Pixar halloween costume. And we’re totally going to do next week’s show dressed as these characters (the winner got an awesome Incredibles shirt, of course).
We broadcast this show on Facebook Live via Super News every Wednesday at 7pm Pacific. And if you tune in and leave an awesome comment, you might win something cool related to Pixar!
The contest is over, but what do you think the ultimate Pixar costume is? We got some great ideas for both Disney and Pixar (a lot of people suggested Nightmare before Christmas). The best suggestions were pretty creative and off the beaten path, so if you have something awesome to contribute, we want to hear it.
Also, Kayla and I are open to your ideas and questions for future episodes. It’s a live show, so audience engagement is always the goal. What do you want to hear us talk about, and are there any Pixar universe secrets you’re dying to hear from us? This is your chance to let us know.
That said, enjoy this week’s show!
There’s no doubt that the Harry Potter series of books and movies have a clear protagonist and antagonist. From the first page, the stage is set for a years-long conflict between the growing Harry Potter and the power-hungry Voldemort. The very catalyst of this story happens away from page and screen, when Harry
Let’s get spooky, Pixar detectives. I went live on Super News last week to craft the ultimate Pixar horror movie (with audience help, of course). We also did a giveaway for the person with the best suggestion, so make sure you check out the show LIVE every week (Wednesdays at 7pm Pacific) so you can get in on the action. We’ll be announcing a new giveaway tonight…
You guys had some excellent suggestions I never had a chance to read aloud (too many comments to keep track of!) So here are some of my favorites:
- (Tim) Why not one about a reverse world of horror , like something cute is scary cause of the kids in town would have grown up by really scary stuff like ghosts
- (Johnathan) A Haunted Hotel like Hotel Transylvania Mashed up With American Horror Story And Nightmare before Christmas. Different scary worlds in the hotel rooms. (LA,CA)
- (Roscoe) A family of terrifying blood-thirsty werewolves, however the young son is a vegetarian and doesn’t like meat. I’ll take a cheque.
- (Julian) Little girl walks around with a clown doll who only she can see as a real clown ( kinda like wilfred tv show) and the clown traps people into their own version of sowened dolls?
- (Kashanna) Pixar version of the books “Scary stories to tell in the dark.” For each story use different Pixar character.
There are tons more, and they’re all splendid. Be sure to check them out here.
The Pixar Detective is my weekly Facebook Live show, where I share the secrets of the Pixar universe and beyond in real-time. Tune in Wednesdays at 7pm (pacific) to comment live, ask questions, answer my questions, and help settle Pixar debates with my cohosts.
This week’s highlights:
- Pixar has a new short coming out called Lou. Let’s talk about it!
- Do you think The Good Dinosaur is a flop or masterpiece?
- Guys, we’re taking Pixar for granted.
- Why Incredibles 2 probably won’t suck.
- Here’s why WALL-E need a sequel, but maybe something else…
Best friend to Harry Potter? Or secret prophet? Turns out, Ron Weasley is both those things and then some.
Snark + Sarcasm = what you’re about to read. Most people aren’t movie aficionados, and most of those people aren’t even sure what the word “aficionado” means. But they do know a good flick when they see it, and more often than not, Pixar churns out some great pieces of entertainment. Since I’m the