Hey conspiracy cats. Welcome to my world.
Below is a summary of who I am and why I’m here. Get ready, because it’s mostly me talking about myself. I’ll try to keep it brief.
I started this blog in 2012 as a way for me to write about the things I care about. Naturally, I gravitated toward one of my biggest passions: film and entertainment.
By day, I’m a copywriter based out of the Bay Area (which I call the Internet, California). But by night and very early morning, I review and overanalyze movies on this platform. I also host a podcast called Now Conspiring, where I talk about these things with other people in the room for once.
To become a film critic, I had to do the typical work (study journalism, take some film school courses, cry in my sleep, etc.) But I’m much more interested in some of the nonconventional ways I can share my love of movies with you. In other words, I’m a conspirer.
I always try to search for the hidden meanings behind the best (and even the worst) films. I get a thrill out of exploring incredible fan theories, tackling the worst articles of the Internet, satirizing celebrities, and more. There’s plenty of nonsense, but hopefully some insight here and there.
My release schedule is mostly consistent. New articles come out almost every weekday, with some surprises thrown in whenever something exciting happens. When you go to the homepage, you can see a row of “Featured” articles that represent my latest editorials and reviews. Scroll down, and you’ll see a feed of podcast episodes and shorter updates.
You can also take a look at my “Top Posts” on the right sidebar, which measures the day’s most visited articles. This includes classic posts like The Pixar Theory. For anything else, be sure to check out the top navigation to view all of my reviews, editorials, and other things I haven’t deleted yet out of embarrassment.
Here are the types of things I write about:
- Now Conspiring (the podcast) – Every Monday, my friends in the movie biz and I review the latest entertainment headlines and movies.
- Snarcasm – I take on the worst articles on the Internet in the most “snarcastic” way possible.
- Second Opinion – These are second takes on films that have just come out now or recently.
- Unopinionated – I analyze controversial films and the weird opinions that haunt them.
- No More Questions – I satirize terrible celebrity interviews by being absurd.
- Retronalysis – I review older movies by mainly focusing on the lead actor’s performance.
- Reviews – I post weekly reviews on new films, usually on Fridays.
Subscribe to posts via email! Simply go to the right sidebar and enter your email.
Follow me on Twitter! I Tweet my latest posts and make bad jokes.
Check out my portfolio! Just in case you’re curious.
Send me a friendly message! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any and all inquiries.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments about the site, so I can improve it as we go from here. Thanks for reading and enjoy the words.