Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be opening in December, but we’re already learning quite a bit about the characters and ships for the film (certainly more than last year’s The Force Awakens).
A non-final version of the “Official Visual Story Guide” has been leaked on Jedi News, and it contains some light spoilers for the main characters (shown below), as well as some intriguing story art. I’ll be sharing some of this info, but if you want the full, spoiler-filled image album, click here.
The Rebel team hunting the Death Star plans includes:
- Jyn Erso (played by Felicity Jones) – the main character from the trailer who is described as “a gifted soldier and warrior.”
- Captain Cassian Andor (Diego Luna) – we see this character at Jyn’s side in the trailer, and he is an officer for the Rebel Alliance.
- Baze (Jiang Wen) – a “freelance assassin.”
- K-250 (Alan Tudyk) – an Enforcer Droid built by the Imperials now working with the rebels, rendered in CGI.
- Bodhi (Riz Ahmed) – a rebel solider we don’t know much about yet.
- Pao – a “fierce” alien warrior.
- Chirrut (Donnie Yen) – a “spiritual” warrior, and the character we see taking stormtroopers on with a sword.
- Bistan – another “fierce” alien warrior like Pao.
As for team Death Star, we now know that the black stormtroopers are officially called Death Troopers, and the Imperial officer with the white cape is Director Krennic (Ben Mendelssohn), the “military director of the Empire.”
Here’s a good look at the Rebel Starfighter “U-Wing”, described as a “versatile Rebel Alliance craft that balances speed with the firepower of proton torpedo launchers.”
We also got a good look at the new TIE Striker, described as single-pilot “Aerial Assault Vehicles designed for fast-paced dogfights.”
I’m Jon and thanks for reading this. You can subscribe to my posts by clicking “Follow” in the right sidebar. Or just say hey on Twitter! @JonNegroni