This week on Anyway, That’s All I Got, we decided to tackle Wes Anderson’s entire filmography in a broad, chronological overview. We start in 1994 with the original Bottle Rocket and work all the way forward to the newly-released Isle of Dogs. We all have a variety of strong opinions on his filmography, so this discussion takes some very interesting turns.
Question for you: Are you a Wes Anderson fan? If so, why? If not, why not? Also, do you enjoy our weekly recommendation segment?
Let us know in the comments or email us at email@example.com with your feedback.
- Anthony Battaglia on letterboxd
- Guy Simons on letterboxd
- Jason Read on letterboxd
- Sam Noland on letterboxd
As most of you already know, our show is only possible because so many of you are spreading the word and sharing episodes with friends. We’re truly humbled by your emails, comments, and genuine interest in allowing Cinemaholics to continue. Thanks, all.
If you’re interested in continuing to help us out, there are a few easy ways to do so:
- Become a patron! Donate to this podcast on Patreon and get exclusive perks, like early access to bonus episodes, uncensored audio, and even a chance to direct your own bonus episode of Cinemaholics. Every little bit counts!
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Yes, yes, I know it’s a hassle, but doing this ensures that our podcast stays afloat as we pay our bills and bring on new guests. For those of you who’ve already done this, thanks again for taking the time.
- Join our Facebook community. We’re steadily growing and finding new ways to talk to you all, and it’s great to find listeners from YouTube and podcasts mingling in the same group. Thanks again to all of you who’ve liked the page already.
- Email us! Tell us what you love and hate about the show by emailing cinemaholicspodcast(at)gmail.com. And please ask us questions we can share over the air.
15 thoughts on “The Wes Anderson Episode (Anyway, That’s All I Got)”
I honestly skip past the recommendation segment. But I really loved this episode! It’s probably my favorite one yet, and I’m not even that into Wes Andersen movies. Please do more like this!
Seconded. I already listened to the whole episode yesterday and want to re-listen. You guys did a great job breaking down each movie.
Thanks so much! We had a lot of fun, and we’ll definitely be doing more like this.
How does someone not like Fantastic Mr. Fox. How is that cussing possible.
Totally agree with Bottle Rocket and Life Aquatic though
It’s really a shame that FMrF doesn’t work for the two of us, but I’m really glad that you enjoy it!
I love Wes Anderson but I totally get Sam and Anthony’s complaints/observations. This was a seriously good episode!
Thanks so much! We really enjoyed making it and we’re glad you enjoyed it too. Thanks for listening!
I’d love an episode like this but for like a movie franchise.
Not to give anything away, but stay tuned for a two-part episode covering a certain comic book franchise within a couple of weeks…
This was a great episode. I especially appreciated the Bottle Rocket review! No one ever remembers that movie apparently.
Awesome! I noticed that Bottle Rocket was our longest conversation, so I’m happy you enjoyed it 🙂
Sam, I am your biggest fan.
Haha thanks! I’m very flattered 🙂