Overlord is an original horror action-war movie released after Halloween. And they say Hollywood isn’t full of surprises. It’s just me and Will Ashton reviewing films this week, which include The Grinch, the latest adaptation of the classic Dr. Seuss holiday story, this time made by Illumination. There’s also Widows, a heist ensemble from director Steve McQueen (12 Years a Slave) and starring a packed cast led by Viola Davis. We talk about Outlaw King, a new war epic from Netflix starring Chris Pine. And Will gives his thoughts on The Front Runner, starring Hugh Jackman and covering the Gary Hart political scandal from the late 1980s.
As most of you already know, our show is only possible because so many of you are spreading the word and sharing episodes with friends. We’re truly humbled by your emails, comments, and genuine interest in allowing Cinemaholics to continue. Thanks, all.
If you’re interested in continuing to help us out, there are a few easy ways to do so:
- Become a patron! Donate to this podcast on Patreon and get exclusive perks, like early access to bonus episodes, uncensored audio, and more. Every little bit counts!
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Yes, yes, I know it’s a hassle, but doing this ensures that our podcast stays afloat as we pay our bills and bring on new guests. For those of you who’ve already done this, thanks again for taking the time.
- Join our Facebook community. We’re steadily growing and finding new ways to talk to you all, and it’s great to find listeners from YouTube and podcasts mingling in the same group. Thanks again to all of you who’ve liked the page already.
- Follow us on Twitter. You’ll get all our latest updates, plus you can help us vote in polls that dictate which films we review, depending on the week!
- Check us out on YouTube. Subscribe to get full episodes every week, plus excerpts of some of our best reviews from the Cinemaholics archives.
- Email us! Tell us what you love and hate about the show by emailing cinemaholicspodcast(at)gmail.com. And feel free to ask us questions we can share over the air.