We tend to be mostly polite and civil during episodes of Cinemaholics, but this is an outlier of an episode. Things got heated during our discussion of Bohemian Rhapsody, the new biopic about Freddie Mercury and the band Queen during their rise to fame in the 70s and 80s. Long story short, I enjoyed the film but wished it could have been a masterpiece deserving of Mercury’s legacy. Will and Maveryke had far larger issues, making for a fascinating discussion around how films depict homosexuality, especially regarding true-life stories.
As you can imagine, though, things loosened up quite a bit as we got into our other reviews, to the point where we were laughing almost too much for me keep the conversation coherent during editing. We hope you enjoy our discussions around Suspiria, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, The Haunting of Hill House, Wildlife, and Boy Erased.
Next week: We need your help deciding which film to do for our featured review. The choices include The Girl in the Spider’s Web, Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch, and Overlord. You can also become a patron and vote your decision in our weekly Patreon poll.
As most of you already know, our show is only possible because so many of you are spreading the word and sharing episodes with friends. We’re truly humbled by your emails, comments, and genuine interest in allowing Cinemaholics to continue. Thanks, all.
If you’re interested in continuing to help us out, there are a few easy ways to do so:
- Become a patron! Donate to this podcast on Patreon and get exclusive perks, like early access to bonus episodes, uncensored audio, and more. Every little bit counts!
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Yes, yes, I know it’s a hassle, but doing this ensures that our podcast stays afloat as we pay our bills and bring on new guests. For those of you who’ve already done this, thanks again for taking the time.
- Join our Facebook community. We’re steadily growing and finding new ways to talk to you all, and it’s great to find listeners from YouTube and podcasts mingling in the same group. Thanks again to all of you who’ve liked the page already.
- Follow us on Twitter. You’ll get all our latest updates, plus you can help us vote in polls that dictate which films we review, depending on the week!
- Check us out on YouTube. Subscribe to get full episodes every week, plus excerpts of some of our best reviews from the Cinemaholics archives.
- Email us! Tell us what you love and hate about the show by emailing cinemaholicspodcast(at)gmail.com. And feel free to ask us questions we can share over the air.